Thanksgiving Fire Safety Tips!!!
Did you know that Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires? Three times as many home cooking fires happen on Thanksgiving out of any other day of the year.
Fire safety in the kitchen should be on the top of your mind during Thanksgiving, especially if you are expecting lots of people and activity. Keep your home and loved ones safe this holiday by following these Thanksgiving tips:
- Stay in the kitchen when you are using stoves and ovens.
- Roll up your sleeves or wear short sleeves while cooking.
- Stay in the home when you are cooking, check the turkey frequently.
- Set timers to keep track of cook times.
- Be sure electric cords are not dangling off the counter.
- Keep children away from hot food and liquids.
- Keep the floor clean to avoid tripping while cooking.
- Make sure all cooking appliances are turned off when are done cooking.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
By following these safety tips, you can enjoy Thanksgiving with your loved ones rather than dealing with fire damage.
If you have any questions about fire safety in your home, please call SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County at (803) 374-0486.