Securing Professional Flood Restoration For Your Clover Home
One of the most challenging disasters for Clover South Carolina residents to overcome in their houses is a flood.
Professional Flood Restoration
One of the most challenging disasters for Clover,SC residents to overcome in their houses is a flood. With the speed in which this crisis is upon you to the damage that it can do in such a brief period, it can be overwhelming to contend with all of the effects of a natural disaster like this on your own. Professional restoration services are a good way to get the damage taken care of correctly and far more quickly than you could on your own.
One thing that you should keep in mind about flood damage affecting your Clover South Carolina residence is the likelihood that others in the area have suffered the same effects that you have. While our SERVPRO professionals work to help all the community as efficiently as possible, the faster that you can secure this professional restoration work, the sooner that you can return your home to preloss conditions.
Our team can arrive quickly to begin assessing the damage that the flooding allowed in your house, but also work to lessen the immediate effects of this natural disaster in your home. Mitigation is a significant part of the restoration process, allowing it to be more efficient overall and to help keep your costs to a minimum to get this work done.
SERVPRO technicians lead the industry regarding our extensive training and certifications, allowing us to use the state-of-the-art equipment and practices to thoroughly clean and dry your home once flooding has occurred. Extraction plays one of the biggest roles in the restoration work, as pooling water can negatively affect your residence in several different ways. Drying involves several pieces of our equipment and gets accomplished beyond industry standards to ensure that your house is no longer at risk for compounding damages like mold and microbial growth.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (803) 324-5780
Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources
SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too, and are proud to be part of the Fort Mill community. We are also part of a national network of 1,700 with special Disaster Recover Teams that can respond with additional resources during catastrophic storms and major events.
Storm Damage Cleanup
Ready to help with any size disaster.
The storm season is here. Heavy rains, high winds and flood waters are coming. Make sure you are ready for any size disaster by checking your home or business and making sure doors, windows and the structure does not have any areas where water can come in. If you do suffer from flood damage we are ready to help with the water restoration and cleanup process. Many homes in the Fort Mill, Tega Cay area have water damage claims every year due to bad weather.
If you need emergency water damage cleanup service call us today at 803-324-5780.
York County Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
Storm sewer backup
Sanitary sewer backup
Foundation drainage failure
Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (803) 324-5780
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
For Immediate Service in Rock Hill & York County Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in York County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (803) 324-5780
Whether your York County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery and/or carpets cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Storms Are Coming!!!
If one is, you should always be prepared. Although violent storms can strike anytime, the spring and summer months typically mark an increase in the threat of sudden, severe storms that sometimes include wind, rain, lighting and even hail.
Authorities issue a storm 'watch' when the potential for severe weather exists. A storm 'warning' will be issued when danger from a severe storm is imminent. The following tips will help prepare you to better protect yourself and your property when a storm is on the horizon.
- Put a communication plan in place and prepare an emergency supply kit, including a battery-powered NOAA weather radio.
- Postpone outdoor activities; secure outdoor objects that could become airborne.
- Don't use corded phones or any appliances that are "plugged in." Use cell or cordless phones instead.
- Seek shelter in a home, building or hard top automobile. The steel frame of a vehicle (not the rubber ties) can help protect you from a lightning strike if you avoid touching metal or other conductive surfaces.
- Avoid windows and doors, don't lie on concrete walls, and stay off of porches.
- If you are outside when a storm hits, quickly seek shelter in a sturdy building. Avoid small, isolated structures in open areas and steer clear of hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water.
After A Storm
- Avoid storm-damaged areas. Stay away from downed power lines and never try to drive through a flooded roadway.
- Replenish your emergency supplies and repair property damage promptly, before the next storm strikes.
Call SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County 24/7 at 803-324-5780.
Swift and Supporting Crime Scene Clean-Up
SERVPRO Offers Empathy and Professionalism in Restoring Homes After Criminal Activity
It is everyone’s worst nightmare -- your happy home in York County turned crime scene, followed by the challenge of managing the cleanup of the aftermath. Restoring a home back to pre-incident condition requires a series of interrelated tasks, many if not all best completed by our professionals because of hazards and the emotional load in response to the crime.
When a crime occurs in a residence not only the consequences of the illegal activity but also the efforts of authorities to find and build evidence for the case can damage surfaces, fixtures, and contents of the home. In Rock Hill, expert crime scene cleanup is necessary for the safety of homeowners. Our technicians have the training, the experience, the products, and the equipment to help you and your family recover from the tragedy.
Physical damage to surfaces traces to causes as varied as gunshots, vandalism, crime-fighter efforts to subdue a suspect, and many more scenarios. If death or injury occurred, blood and other bodily fluids pool and soak into carpeting and floors and spray onto walls and ceilings. Pepper spray or tear gas can compromise indoor air quality. Dusting for fingerprinting and other evidence collecting techniques leave residues and staining. SERVPRO employees train for these and other issues and know how to match strategies, cleaning products, deodorization methods, and tools to the damage done.
Particular care is crucial to avoid exposure to and the spread of blood and other fluid-borne pathogens. The SERVPRO crew on site is familiar with proper personal protective equipment protocols, cleaning up and disposing of hazardous human waste according to local health codes. Thorough cleaning and effective treatment with EPA registered disinfectants follow to ensure the future safety of your home’s inhabitants.
SERVPRO also evaluates the need to clear away and replace damaged building materials if deemed unrestorable. Our goal is to restore, but we are sensitive in these stressful situations to the fear you and your family have that even a small reminder of the crime can make it hard to feel comfort and security in your crime-damaged home. Our crew leads, and office staff work with you, the authorities, and your insurance company to achieve your feeling protected and at home again.
Should a crime in your home turn your life upside down, SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County is ready to assist with great skill and compassion. Call (803) 324-5780 to arrange for a speedy inspection and development of a restoration plan for this challenging circumstance.
Fast Water Damage Restoration for a Fort Mill School
Accidents happen quickly in a school environment. If your school suffers a water damage event, contact SERVPRO right away for remediation services.
Team SERVPRO Technicians Understand That Time is of the Essence When Dealing With Water Damage in a School Setting
The schools in the Fort Mill,SC area can often be more prone to water damage incidents than residences are. With so many students and faculty members, a slight mistake can lead to the need for immediate and thorough cleaning. Custodial staff works around the clock for your facilities, but sometimes professional restoration can help you achieve results more quickly than the limited resources of your custodians can offer.
Regardless of how the commercial water damage occurred to your Fort Mill institution, cleaning up the mess efficiently is a top priority. The faster that you can eliminate the water from the affected area, the less damage and added tasks exist for the restoration portion of the project. Our SERVPRO team of qualified technicians can help you clean up the mess and get the area thoroughly dried as promptly as possible.
As a representative for the school, you must keep the facilities in top form for the students and faculty that you employ. With even moderate sized schools, custodians are stretched thin attempting to keep up with the everyday maintenance tasks, general cleaning, and repairs the institution requires.
Not to mention should the water damage incident penetrate into wall cavities or beneath the flooring, traditional cleaning approaches are inadequate to thoroughly dry out the water. Improperly drying up the dampness or persistent moisture can allow for instances of mold growth and mildew to form. These unsavory circumstances can be significant enough to close the school for removal and remediation.
Fortunately, our SERVPRO professionals can appreciate the need for your facility to be fully functional and restored as quickly as possible. That is an assurance that our technicians respond quickly and leave the affected area "Like it never even happened."
School representatives in the area have many threats to the facility such as severe weather systems and potential flooding. A smaller-scale water damage incident inside the building can also get handled by the same professionals you trust to bring you through the worst of disasters. Give our SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County team a call anytime at (803) 324-5780.
Storm Preparation for Your Home
Floods in Fort Mill can cause major damage to homes and buildings.
Storms in Fort Mill,SC can happen abruptly, so it helps to be prepared. There are many steps that can be taken ahead of time to ensure your home is ready for storm season. Don’t wait until flood water is threatening your property to take the necessary precautions.
Take a survey of the outside of your home before a storm hits. Here are some of the most common things to look for.
• Roof: Check for any potential leaks so they can be fixed prior to the storm. If there are loose pieces, fasten down as much as you can. Even though most people think of water damage coming from the ground up, it can also come from above, so ensuring that the roof is solid and secure is a great place to start.
• Outside furniture: Review all your objects that dwell outdoors. Anything that isn’t secured already should be put away inside or fastened for stability. Beyond concerns of a flooded building, loose furnishings could also be swept away.
• Gutters: Flood water happens when there is an overflow in a specific area. You will want to clean your gutters and establish that they are attached securely to help the water flow in the appropriate areas. Having clogged gutters can prevent the water from channeling where it shouldn’t go and causing water damage to your home.
• Windows: Just as dams prevent water from flowing in specific areas, boards or storm shutters can be important deterrents for the impending storm. Often wind is a companion to water in strong weather. Barricading doors and windows can help to prevent destruction.
Prior Preparation Is Key
Completing an analysis of the outside of your home will show you where the weak points of entry are for flood water. If there is anything that you are unable to repair or protect on your own, calling a storm damage specialist prior to the inclement weather can help comfort you once it hits. Preparing your house for storms is a beneficial way to prevent a flooded building or water damage. Visit SERVPROrockhillyorkcounty.com for more information on water damage.
Understanding Black Water
Black water or sewage cleanup service is only a call away at 803-324-5780.
When you have water damage or flooding in your home in Fort Mill,SC it's important to know what type of water you are dealing with to ensure proper and safe restoration. The insurance and restoration industries separate flood water into three categories:
• Category 3: "Black water" is the most dangerous of the categories and must be treated carefully by a knowledgeable expert. This water comes from local flooding, such as from rivers or hurricanes, and also plumbing floods that include sewage. It is contaminated with pathogens including bacteria, viruses, and parasites. Other chemical contaminates may also be in the water.
• Category 2:"Gray water" may have some pathogens and can still cause some health danger. A gray water flood is usually sourced from plumbing breaks with soiled water, like a clothes washer or toilet overflow without feces. Gray water can become a black water problem if exposed to the right temperatures and time.
• Category 1: "Clean water" usually comes from a clean pipe break, like a supply pipe or kitchen sink. This water damage is not harmful to humans unless it is not cleaned right away. Over time, this water would become more dangerous and be reclassified as gray or worse.
Black Water Cleaning
Black water cleaning must be meticulous. Immediate response is critical to prevent the development of mold. Once mold does develop, additional remediation efforts are needed to prevent further contamination and spread of mold in your home. Mold reproduces in just 48 hours and colonies in your water damaged home can quickly get out of control.
Cleanup of this type of water damage should also be done carefully. Protective gear is critical to protect skin, eyes and lungs from exposure. Strong knowledge on what to tear out and remove immediately is important to prevent further contamination and allow for proper drying of the remaining structure. Antimicrobials and disinfectant will be needed to remaining materials. Professional remediation specialists are beneficial in managing category 3 flood remediation due to the nature of the hazard and the importance of timely and effective removal. Visit SERVPROrockhillyorkcounty.com for more information on water damage.